Saturday, February 20, 2021

UI/UX, A Little Graphic Design, And A Big Birthday

I love to simplify, streamline, and make all things efficient.  
One of the most fun components of my work in front end development is the challenge of making the convoluted simple.  It's called UI/UX (user interface user experience) and I love it.  I started a personal project a couple of days ago and I thought it would be fun to share what I created as a template here.  Graham is turning one in April and I decided on custom making the invitations to start establishing a totally awesome theme: Mr. Onederful

I tried out Google Drawings for the first time-- an app extension to Google Drive.  It's basically a lite version of diagramming software and was surprisingly robust.  I was able to create all of the attributes that I needed in that cute little space.  

So, back to the theme.  It all started with a pair of suspenders and a casual, chic blue gingham bowtie that I bought-- just the right fit for Graham.  Initially I was really struck by the gingham pattern- it's the exact color and pattern theme I chose for the baby shower.  Unfortunately, my shower was planned at the very pinnacle of our current pandemic.  It had to be cancelled just 5 short days before the celebration date.  This was so so hard on me, but incorporating this little bit of the shower theme into his birthday would bring a lot of hope to me for the coming years.  

Obviously, this has to be his birthday outfit.  I started building the Mr. Onederful theme around this outfit because it really embodies the personality I see emerging from Graham.  I think that's one of the biggest celebration points for me in his upcoming birthday-- seeing him develop into this incredible and unique little human.  

The color scheme is shaping up to be different shades of blue, grays, and white.  I played around with the colors for a while and finished designing the invitation with these exact colors in mind.  The finished invitation looks like this:

I'm happy to share this template with you all via Google Draw.  If you're interested in checking it out, just click here and download your own copy.
I'm so excited about this little one's 1st birthday!  I'll be sure to share more details and projects coming up soon~





No comments:

Post a Comment